District 3: Paula A. LewisCommissioner Paula A. Lewis has been a resident of St. Lucie County for more than 26 years, living in Port St. Lucie. She was a small business owner in that community. She was elected to the Port St. Lucie Council in 1994 and served one term on that Board. In 1996, she was elected to the St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners, and was re-elected in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012. She has also served twice as Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners.
Paula is active in the community both in professional and private capacities, and has served on numerous Boards and Committees throughout the County and State level. To name a few - she is a member of the Council on Aging of St. Lucie County Board of Directors, Chamber of Commerce, Friends of the Library, Children Services Council, and Law Library Board of Trustees and has worked with the United Way of the Treasure Coast. Paula also serves on the Board of Directors of the Florida Association of Counties where she was in one of the first groups to receive the designation of Certified County Commissioners through the Florida Counties Foundation. She has served as a Policy Chair for the Health and Human Services Committee and participates in the Lobbyist Program.
On a personal basis, she serves on the Fire House Youth Centre Advisory Board, a member of the Salvation Army Advisory Committee, Grapevine Community Church Board of Trustees, an Alumna of Leadership Saint Lucie Class XIII, is a member of the Democratic Women's Club and Heathcote Botanical Gardens.
She is a widow and the mother of two children, an adult daughter, Daphne and a son, Mark.
Boards and Committees
- Erosion Control District, Vice Chair
- Environmental Control Board, Chair
- Children's Services Council
- Council on Aging
- Law Library Board of Trustees
- Transportation Planning Organization
- Regional Transit Organization
- Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board
- Treasure Coast Community Action Agency Tripartite Board (Designee: Barbara Felton)
- Value Adjustment Board (Alternate)
* Please note: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses and emails are public records and available for inspection and examination by any person desiring to do so. If you do not want your e-mail address or email released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone.