St. Lucie County is Mobile & Social
St. Lucie County's Communications Division is always looking for ways to reach residents and visitors, whether it is through our websites, government access channel (SLCTV Comcast 28 / U-Verse 99), social media, mobile apps or traditional media outlets such as newspapers and television stations.
- My St. Lucie App (Records & Service Requests)
- Visit St. Lucie App (Visitor & Tourist Information)
- Alert St. Lucie (Emergency Notification System)
- Sign up for phone calls, texts or emails at www.stlucieco.gov/alert
St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners Earns Best Places to Work Designation for the Second Year in a Row
The St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners was named as one of the “Best Places to Work” by the St. Lucie County Human Resources Association.
Thirteen companies and local governments were recognized during the Human Resource Association’s 16th Annual St. Lucie County “Best Place to Work” Awards last week. Chairman Christopher Dzadovsky and County Administrator Howard N. Tipton accepted the award for St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners, which was one of five entities named in the Large Employer Category.
The St. Lucie County Human Resource Association commissioned Personnel Dynamics Consulting of Fort Pierce, to calculate turnover rates, growth percentages, employee development spending, promotion percentages, insurance packages and retirement plans. A total of 37 different measurements were used to determine the St. Lucie County’s Best Places to Work.
The St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners, with 728 employees, cited:
- 14.7 percent Turnover rate (Survey Average: 16.6 percent)
- 100 percent of the employees attended a training program in 2016 (Survey Average: 78 percent)
- IGNITE Leadership program began with a mission to build exceptional leadership through advanced training and has been recognized nationally through HR.com
- SPARK Mentoring program, offers employees an opportunity to gain organizational knowledge from seasoned, expert mentors in governmental leadership
- Work to have the right people in the right positions with the right training, support, and work environment to be successful.
The St. Lucie County Human Resources Association is the local chapter for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
To learn more about St. Lucie County’s employment opportunities visit: www.stlucieco.gov/employment. And be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram Twitter and LinkedIn.