VolunteeringVolunteers are the heartbeat of the Oxbow Eco-Center. Are you interested in sharing the natural world with others? Looking to find other like-minded people to spend time doing something for the community? Then there's something for you at the Oxbow.
As an Oxbow volunteer, you will become part of the greater Oxbow family, and have the opportunity to participate in all the fun volunteer events we hold. For example, you can participate in our training events, including our monthly brown bag lunch and presentation. We also host annual events, like our volunteer appreciation party, ice cream socials, and more!
Call or just stop by and pick up one of our volunteer applications.
Greeter/ Inside Interpreter
- Conduct indoor tours of the center, make visitors aware of programs and other aspects the center has to offer, welcome guests, be available for questions or suggestions on trails.
- Assist with segments of the education programs or guide groups on trails by delivering existing educational information.
Trail Hike Guide
- Guide scheduled interpretive hikes on Saturday mornings.
Community Relations and Outreach Volunteer
- Represent the Oxbow at community events.
Special Events Volunteer
- Plan and implement Oxbow special events, including Nature at Night, Earth Day and Eco-Holidays.
River Tour Assistant
- Must be able to lift 60 pound canoes with assistance to a height 5 feet for loading and unloading, be available 3rd Saturday of each month, be able to paddle a canoe or kayak for up to 3 hrs., learn/teach about river flora and fauna.
Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
- Attract, direct and train new volunteers and plan volunteer events
- Keep enclosures clean and interesting, feed, create informational labels
5400 N. E. St. James Drive
Pt. St. Lucie, FL 34983
Fax (772) 785-5834
Check Out What's HappeningClick on the themes below to see what is going on each month at the Oxbow.
March is Celebrating Birds Month
April is Lovely Lepidoptera Month
St. Lucie County's ESL Guided HikesHere’s your chance to discover a nature trail near you, and learn about the native plants, butterflies and animals right in your own backyard. Hikes are free, but pre-registration is required by going to: www.signupgenius.com
Click on “find signups” on the top right hand corner of the home page. Then search by email: email@example.com, you will need to enter then random text security question below before it will take you to the hike sign-up.
Programs target ages 13 and up unless otherwise noted. Proper footwear and water are required for all programs.
Hike Descriptions Below: