Facilities DivisionFacilities Division's Mission: While we maintain all County facilities, oversee remodeling and new construction, we will offer prompt professional service at the highest quality.
Facilities Division is made up of approximately 100 full and part-time employees and has seven divisions:
- Administrative Judicial Maintenance
- Air Conditioning
- Rock Road Jail Maintenance
- Service Garage
Each of the employees that make up these divisions play a vital role within St. Lucie County by working together to provide high-quality service at the lowest cost to County Departments and County Agencies. St. Lucie County's growth has been phenomenal and the Facilities Division strives to support that growth by upgrading many of the County facilities, as well as new construction, to better meet the needs of all County employees who serve the community.
- This past year's operating budget was $8.5 million, $43 million for capital projects, and $1.5 million for maintenance projects.
- We are responsible for more than 100 buildings; 28 of these are major public buildings. This works out to 1.6 million square feet of building space and approximately 4,500 tons of air conditioning.
- We currently manage $2.6 million in grant-funded projects.
- Our department oversees all of the fleet for St. Lucie County employees, consisting of 325 light fleet and 101 light trucks and heavy equipment. Fuel: This past year we used 202,194 gallons of diesel fuel and 224,277 gallons of gasoline..